Aclara Unveils New, Adaptive Consumer Engagement Platform
Client Advisory Board Discusses Developments in Utility Industry
ST. LOUIS – November 19, 2014 – Aclara Technologies LLC, a leading provider of smart infrastructure technologies and software solutions to the utility industry, recently introduced its new, adaptive consumer engagement platform at the annual Client Advisory Board (CAB) meeting, where industry professionals also discussed the evolving landscape of the utility industry.
Developed on Aclara’s strong foundation of advanced analytics, the scalable, flexible platform empowers utility partners to integrate data from multiple sources and generate insights that help consumers understand their bills and how they use resources, increasing their engagement and likelihood of participation in a utility’s customer and conservation programs.
“Our consumer engagement platform allows Aclara to leverage the powerful analytic engines that have driven successful utility customer engagement programs for over 10 years,” said Steve Smith, General Manager of Consumer Engagement at Aclara. “These analytics, as well as new data integrations, a robust application program interface (API) architecture and advanced customer analytics, position Aclara as a leading solutions provider to meet customer challenges and deliver measurable results.”
Additional benefits of Aclara’s Adaptive Consumer Engagement Platform include:
- Streamlined batch data integration for all utility data
- Real-time calculation of insights, relative to consumer and utilities’ priorities
- Web-based content and configuration tool allowing complete program control
- Lightning fast APIs prioritize performance, security, scalability and standardization
- Modern, responsive re-design of Aclara’s web portal solutions
“Aclara’s Client Advisory Board provides an invaluable opportunity for utilities to network, exchange ideas and determine best practices on business issues that drive our customers’ decision process,” said Joe Thomas, Vice President, Electric System Operations at The United Illuminating Company. UI is the electric distribution subsidiary of UIL Holdings Corporation (NYSE: UIL)
Industry discussions focused on market trends, such as advanced metering, customer satisfaction, regulatory challenges and utility strategies centered on customer analytics and segmentation. Other discussions included the following topics:
- The need to motivate customers to save energy even when bills are small
- Meeting increased customer expectations while continuously improving customer satisfaction
- Making sense of big data and keeping track of what is assumed, versus what is known about customers
- Using digital channels to engage and enable customers to take action to save money
Formed in January 2010, Aclara’s CAB provides an opportunity for customers to provide feedback on Aclara’s vision for Consumer Engagement and its role in developing solutions for utilities. Further, the bi-annual meetings serve as a networking forum for executives to provide important feedback and share best practices to help Aclara shape its products and services.