Aclara Launches AclaraONE Next-Generation Software Solution to Transform Business Operations
Offers Advanced Capabilities in Meter-to-Cash, Network Management, Distribution Operations, Analytics and Consumer Engagement
ST. LOUIS, January 9, 2018 – Aclara, a leading supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) to electric, gas and water utilities worldwide, introduces AclaraONE™ (One Network for Everyone™), a powerful and secure software solution that allows utilities employing Aclara’s communications technologies to transform business operations, increase efficiencies, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
“The launch of AclaraONE is the latest proof of Aclara’s commitment to provide comprehensive solutions that help transform utility’s business operations. It is one more example of our growing portfolio of leading edge, end-to-end solutions for water, gas, and electric utilities around the world,” said Allan Connolly, Chief Executive Officer and President of Aclara.
AclaraONE is a next-generation SaaS solution that allows electric, water and gas utilities to access and analyze data collected from meters and other devices on their distribution networks. It is a single, unified platform for monitoring, optimizing and improving network operations. Equipped with this robust, scalable and advanced SIS software, utilities can react more quickly and effectively while improving the way their distribution grids operate.
“AclaraONE enables access to our broad portfolio of solutions with one platform that brings data from the meter and sensors all the way to the head-end, and communicates valuable insights back out to the customer through our leading-edge consumer engagement software,” said Kumi Premathilake, Senior Vice President-Advanced Metering Infrastructure.
“The software gives our customers the flexibility to configure a solution that best meets their needs. Plus, it is scalable, so that utilities can expand the capabilities of their systems without having to totally replace their software,” added Premathilake.
AclaraONE offers advanced capabilities in five major areas:
- Meter-to-cash software offers a single, centralized enterprise service featuring consumption-based analytics, billing analytics and a portal and tools for customer service representatives.
- Network management functions link securely to critical business systems through a single, centralized head end for gas, water and electric devices on Aclara’s RF, powerline communications and cellular networks.
- Distribution operations software provides distribution automation capabilities that rapidly shed load during peak periods, pinpoint outages on low-voltage power lines using analysis of meter data, and analyze data from smart grid sensors to detect and locate faults, classify various line disturbances, and monitor power quality across all three phases of medium-voltage distribution networks.
- Analytics in AclaraONE allow utilities to extract information from the data they collect from meters and sensors on their distribution networks, providing real-time insights, alerting utilities to events affecting operations and enabling quick response to identified problems.
- The Aclara Adaptive Consumer Engagement (Aclara ACE®) solution works with AclaraONE to provide customers with an omnichannel experience and personalized and actionable insights that heighten energy-cost awareness, promote energy and water efficiency, boost utility program enrollment, and increase customer satisfaction scores.
Aclara, an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, Inc., is a world-class supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) and services to more than 800 water, gas, and electric utilities globally. Aclara SIS offerings include smart meters and other field devices, advanced metering infrastructure and software and services that enable utilities to predict and respond to conditions, leverage their distribution networks effectively and engage with their customers. Meter Reading Holdings LLC operates three sister companies, Aclara Technologies, Aclara Meters, and Smart Grid Solutions collectively referred as Aclara. Aclara won a Frost & Sullivan Global Smart Energy Networks Enabling Technology Leadership Award in 2017 and was named a finalist in three categories of the Platts Global Energy Awards in 2016. Visit us at Aclara.com, follow us on Twitter @AclaraSolutions or read our blog.
Aclara Media Contacts: