kV2c Electric Smart Meter
The Aclara kV2c meter family is one of the most widely accepted ANSI® commercial and industrial meters with over 2 million units deployed in the field since its introduction. The robust revenue-grade meter design is based on Aclara’s cutting edge technology that provides high accuracy and reliability. This fifth generation possesses eight times the processing power and three times the memory of previous models. This allows for future upgrades and new applications without having to replace the meter.
- Reliable and accurate cash register for utilities AMR/AMI Plug and Play to accommodate: RF, power line carrier, cellular
- Revenue assurance using diagnostic and event tools
- Low maintenance and high accuracy over the life of the meter
- Strong overvoltage capabilities – Twice the operating voltage to absorb the system events of the grid
- Adaptive and versatile meter with bidirectional and four quadrant measurements
- Smart metering functions such as Time of Use, demand metering, and reactive measurement
- Advanced power quality monitoring
- Robust meter security and standards compliance
- Polyphase Remote Disconnect is available for unique utility applications
Highly Accurate Measurement
Measured at +/- 0.2 percent, the Aclara kV2 family of meters provides outstanding accuracy. Combined with the low starting watts, utilities can have confidence in the metered value and measured electricity usage. With Aclara’s highly accelerated life testing we are replicating the normal wear and tear that would normally be experienced over the usable lifetime of the product in a shorter amount of time.
Billing and Smart Applications
Traditional billing continues to be a vital role for today’s solid-state meters, but they are also now a critical part of your grid operation. Leveraged strengths and knowledge in distribution automation, volt-var control demand optimization, and distributed generation the Aclara kV2c line of meters provide the integration and critical information to optimize grid operation solutions.
The kV2c meter family is a versatile metering platform for commercial and industrial applications. The kV2c meter offers easy and powerful functional upgrades with a unique combination of soft switches and option boards for rapidly evolving smart metering space. The kV2c starts as a bi-directional, coincident demand meter with five demand measures, real-time pricing, and real-time data monitoring.
Soft switches are available to add such functions as TOU, transformer and line loss compensation, power factor, four quadrant measurements, instrument transformer correction, and increased recording channels.
Aclara kV2c meters offer advanced power quality tools to measure compliance to power quality agreements or gather data to set power quality requirements. These tools include:
- Programmable sag and swell monitor that logs voltage sag and swell duration down to one cycle, minimum or maximum voltage, coincident current, and date and time of occurrence.
- Voltage and current THD per phase, Total Demand Distortion (TDD), distortion power factor, and displacement power factor, and distortion kVA (all recordable).
- Harmonic analysis plots odd and even harmonic magnitudes and phase angles.
- Programmable diagnostics for voltage imbalance, distortion, current imbalance, reversed polarity, high neutral current. These events may be logged, set an alert.
The kV2c wide range voltage power supply (120V to 480V) combined with the Aclara Fitzall® feature enables a significant meter inventory reduction while covering all applications. Fitzall is an Aclara exclusive tool for commercial and industrial electronic meter inventory reduction, which allows two-meter forms, 9S for transformer rated and 16S for self-contained to meter any service type.
Installation Verification and Tamper Detection
The Aclara Site GenieTM Monitor provides a simple, automatic way to catch errors, tampering and wiring changes before billing problems occur. Site Genie also provides the phasor information and diagnostics needed to fix the problems it finds.
Cost of Service Measurements
Knowing what it costs to serve a site is key competitive information for both generation and distribution utilities. The kV2c family of meters simultaneously measures all of the components of service cost (real and reactive – with and without harmonics, distortion, and vector apparent power).
The kV2c offers a wide range of AMI communication technologies including RF Mesh, RF Point-to-multipoint, Cellular, and Power Line Carrier to support your Smart Grid applications. Additionally, the kV2c provides “KYZ” and other I/O options to support local energy management solutions typically found in commercial and industrial facilities. The kV2c has a standard AMI interface that allows the capability to transmit all metering data available at the meter through the AMI communications network.