Sensor Management System (SMS) with Predictive Grid® Analytics
Aclaras’ Sensor Management System (SMS) software classifies power disturbance events and provides the visualization and situational awareness needed to quickly transition from monitoring and reporting of grid events to having the actionable intelligence to respond to real-time conditions. Easy-to-use software management tool, SMS is designed to simplify remote management and configuration of sensors. In addition, it combines predictive analytics features including fault event classification, load logging, reporting and graphing of data, alarms, and waveforms capture for analysis.
- Aclara’s Grid Monitoring platform combines our industry-leading sensor technology with cutting-edge predictive analytics software to help utilities learn more about the health of their grid.
- Advanced features include management and configuration of MV sensors, remote firmware upgrades, Google Maps view of sensor status and alarms, event logging and reporting, graphing of load and power quality data, and waveform display.
- Visualization and reports with the substation, circuit, sensor views on map, event summaries, load logging graphs, waveform displays, and predictive analytics.
- Scale to any size sensor deployment with features including configuration templates/auto configuration, user defined thresholds/parameters, diagnostics, remotely upgradeable firmware, and DNP-3.
- SMS may be deployed and used in a variety of configurations according to your evolving needs:
- Hosted by Aclara
- Licensed for installation on Linux servers within the utility data center
- As an embedded Linux appliance device installed in the utility data center, substations, or regional offices
Aclara offers the only configurable Sensor Management System with Predictive Grid® Analytics enabling utilities to predict faults and failures of their assets before they occur, respond to outages faster and eliminate thousands of hours of drive-time (and greenhouse gas). The Predictive Grid Analytics feature takes sensor data through four layers of analysis to improve accuracy and effectiveness. SMS also aggregates data from thousands of sensors and provide a single connection to the DMS or Historian.
Aclara line sensors capture, time stamp and communicate critical measurements and event waveforms back to SMS software and only sends only the most relevant, accurate information to Historian, DMS or SCADA systems.
Learn more, DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER
Sensor Management System (SMS) software
Power Sensor Datasheet
Distribution Monitoring Case Study – NV Energy
Smart Grid Sensor Integration – DTE Energy
Substation Monitoring – Manitoba Hydro
Transitioning to a Low Carbon Future – Western Power Distribution
Predictive Grid Analytics with smart grid sensors
Scaling your SCADA architecture for distribution automation
Frost and Sullivan – Adapting to changing market dynamics with Smart Grid sensors
Why Smart Grid Sensors Are a Better Investment Than FCIs: Part 1
How Utilities Can Fight Back Against Obsolescence
Can Smart Grid Sensors Solve Today’s Distribution Grid Monitoring Challenges?