Aclara RF 3400 Water MTU
The Aclara RF series 3400 Series Water meter transmission unit (MTU) collects and records up to a nine-digit registry of hourly and interval usage data – all transmitted via Aclara’s efficient, low-power, high-performance two-way Aclara RF network technology. The 3400 MTU delivers time-stamped reads on a time-synchronized network for advanced water distribution management. Hourly, time-stamped reads from Aclara MTUs virtually:
- Eliminates billing and errors
- Provides detailed water usage information
- Improves revenue management
- Reduces customer service calls
In addition, the 3400 family takes full advantage of the two-way network with enhanced features such as on-demand reads and firmware downloads over the air. And added encryption of consumption reads using AES128 encryption ensures that customer data is secure.
- Provides detailed, hourly, time-stamped reads on water usage to identify anomalies such as potential leaks and meter tampering.
- Transmits up to nine digits of meter-reading data guaranteeing the most accurate meter reads.
- Gives utilities complete control over access to consumption data with On-demand reads.
- Reconciles the amount of water entering the system versus water consumed with same-time clock synchronization across the network.
- Improves propagation and reduces interference with other devices using FCC licensed 450 to 470 MHz radio frequencies.
- Remotely update MTU configurations and download firmware upgrades with two-way fixed network.
- Ensures customer data is secure with encrypted consumption reads using AES128 encryption.
- Assures the highest read success rate in the industry with redundant readings transmissions and collection paths.
- Battery powered MTUs and collectors means readings and collections continue even during power outages. Stored readings are automatically uploaded to the head-end when power is restored.
- Long-lasting performance with a 20-year lithium battery.