The 6 Top Reasons to Attend #AclaraConnect 2018
Need to catch up on the industry? That’s why you need to attend Aclara Connect 2018 (#AclaraConnect) at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina May 14-17. Structured around the theme Come Together. Connect for a Better Future, this year’s conference will provide insights and inspiration from industry visionaries and experts as well as meaningful discussion on effective deployment of smart infrastructure solutions.
What does our theme mean to Aclara and the industry? Last year at AclaraConnect, we talked about the importance of being game changers in our industry. However, to truly be game changers we need to come together as a team, even when this means stepping outside of our comfort zones. We need to build upon what came before, play off each other’s strengths, and counterbalance weaknesses.
As individuals, we may be brilliant, but we can achieve the impossible as a team. Together, we are addressing challenges through innovation, opening new avenues of economic growth, and transforming the industry.
“Coming together is a beginning. Staying together is progress. Working together is success.
– Henry Ford
It is our experience, knowledge, and best-in-class customer support that allows us to connect with you for a better future – and come up with creative solutions as unique as each of your requirements.
The 6 Top Reasons to Attend #AclaraConnect 2018
AclaraConnect is the must-attend event of the year, offering over 100 sessions to help you succeed in the electric, water, gas industries, the opportunity to get hands-on with the latest Aclara product innovations, and great speakers to inspire and educate you.
Our extensive program includes real-world case study examples and actionable takeaways on how utilities can better manage their operations, engage their customers, and prepare for tomorrow.
Here are 6 reasons to mark your calendar, register and book your trip.
1. Hear from the only siblings to have traveled in space. Former astronauts and retired Navy captains Mark and Scott Kelly, identical twin brothers, headline the AclaraConnect keynote session. Mark’s command of space shuttles Endeavor and Discovery sparked deep pride across America, and Scott’s record-breaking Year In Space mesmerized the globe. Together they inspire the notion of infinite possibility and the inner dreamer in us all.
With candid reflections on the experiences that shaped their views on teamwork and leadership, to personal strategies for summoning the courage to overcome adversity, Mark and Scott deliver double the wonder and inspiration in a one-of-a-kind presentation that leaves listeners empowered to see the world and its vast opportunities in a new light. Meet the Kelly brothers.
2. Take advantage of our amazing agenda. Our agenda is chock full of sessions relevant to electric, gas, water, and combination utilities.
- Find out how new measurement methods will change the future of meters.
- Discover how distribution automation is changing network requirements for utilities.
- Uncover what the Internet of Things means to smart water networks.
- Learn how to prepare for and survive when disaster hits your utility.
Whatever your interest, AclaraConnect has sessions or panels for you. Check out our agenda
3. Enjoy the San Diego experience. Our waterfront Marriott location provides an environment that easily transitions from exhibits and meetings to resort-style relaxation. The hotel is just steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, and nearby to Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld® San Diego and Legoland® California.
You can also take time to enjoy the laid-back oasis that is San Diego with one of our social tours. Experience catamaran sailing, indoor skydiving, a tour of three of the city’s breweries, or our golf tournament. Find out more about our social tours
4. Drive the development of leading-edge software. The Aclara UX Lab is an exclusive opportunity to create the next generation of Aclara software applications by test driving the newest features of its recently launched AclaraONE™ software platform. From meter-to-cash, network management, distribution operations, sensors, analytics, and consumer engagement, AclaraONE delivers a broad set of functions for monitoring, optimizing and improving the operation of your electric, gas, or water utility infrastructure. Register for our UX lab
5. Go back to school. The Aclara Meter School is a day and a half hands-on training course designed for anyone who troubleshoots or configures Aclara Meters, or who uses interval data from the meter for customer load analysis or rate planning. The session includes live demonstrations and hands-on instruction by Aclara’s team of metering experts.
This session compresses a 4-day course into the AclaraConnect schedule, at an 80% discount, but without loss of quality or content. Plus, you can take advantage of the rest of AclaraConnect as well as the sights and sounds of San Diego. Sign up for meter school now
6. Get certified. Trainers, field supervisors or installers must complete Aclara Certified Partner Training to perform work on Aclara systems. Get these certifications for $500, a 60% discount off the standard $1,250 price the standard $1,250 price.
Those who complete their coursework at AclaraConnect receive a class completion certificate and will be added to Aclara’s list of certified installers and partners. Read on for more information about classes being offered. Register to get certified
At AclaraConnect 2018 you’ll hear from colleagues at other utilities and learn through case studies detailing their implementations how they are solving the same problems you face. You will come away excited, inspired, and ready for action. No matter what role you play – from VP to manager and everyone between – this is the place to learn from the people who are not only succeeding at building smarter infrastructure but can tell you how to help it grow and how things will evolve tomorrow.