I-210+ and I-210+c
Aclara’s I-210 line of single phase residential electric meters brings a range of residential ANSI solutions from core electronic energy-only meters to smart metering solutions with advanced functionality for new Smart Grid deployments.
The powerful and easy-to-use meters give electric utilities real-time instrumentation, power quality monitoring and access vital usage data.
Aclara builds the I-210 ANSI platform in both I-210+ basic and I-210+c Smart Grid-enable models that both offer:
- Reliable and accurate cash register for utilities.
- AMR/AMI plug-and-play functionality.
- Multiple communication technologies tied to AMI systems for reliable and timely data.
- Smart metering functions such as time -of-use demand metering and service switch capabilities.
- Demand side management through pre-payment and demand limiting features.
- Advanced functions such as reactive measurement and, IEEE reliability indices measurement.
- Robust meter security and standards compliance.
Aclara I-210+ Electric Meter with Smart Grid Functionality
The I-210+, Aclara’s single phase basic energy meter, offers utilities high quality, solid-state measurement performance, affordability, accuracy and reliability. The I-210+ measures energy, and with the addition of a soft switch, is compatible with a suite of third-party AMR solutions. The I210+ features an optional integrated, factory-installed remote disconnect switch to help utilities efficiently address non-payments and move-in, move-outs.
Highly Accurate Measurements
Typically measured at +/- 0.2 percent, the Aclara I-210 family of meters provides best-in-class accuracy, combined with the low starting watts to metered value and measured electricity usage.
Broad Communications Support
The I-210 family allows for the interchangeability of AMR/AMI modules and covers the broadest range of possible AMI communication technologies including RF mesh, cellular, power line and Ethernet.
Billing and Smart Applications
Utilities can save energy, lower costs, and defer additional transmission and generation expenses with the ability to shave peak load, shape load and curtail load to mitigate grid events. Additionally, consumers can conserve energy and shift energy use for time-of use or time-based rate structures offering customer savings from 5 to 15 percent of their monthly electricity use.
The I-210+ is equipped with a fully rated 200A service switch; this meter platform provides basic load management functionality.
Additional features and options include:
- Remote disconnect: The disconnect switch is fully integrated inside the I-210+.
- Network Applications: The I-210+ is available in 12S and 25S forms for network applications.
- Four options for Energy Accumulation
- Additional functionality and flexibility provided by soft switch a software application to enable the meter with additional functionality. Soft switch can be loaded onto the meter at the time of order or after the meter has been put in service.
- IEEE® Reliability Data—This is an option that can be added via the V2 soft switch and allows the utility to directly measure and monitor quality of service provided to the customer.
- A patented firmware algorithm to detect tamper-by-meter inversion (turning the meter upside down).
Aclara I-210+c Full-Featured Smart Grid Meter
Aclara’s I-210+c smart meter delivers industry capability for the most demanding and rigorous Smart Grid specifications. Based on years of commercial and industrial metering applications, the kV2c, I-210+c is based on advanced metrology capability and solid state metering design.
Designed for today’s dynamic rate structures, the I-210+c provides capability for demand, load profile, and TOU recording, along with a number of other power quality and demand response related functions. Configurable to support various metering quantities, this meter supports delivered (+), received (-), and net metering for distributed generation.
With the addition of the fully rated 200 amp service switch, the meter is capable of pre-payment metering without the costs associated with card readers or other legacy pre-payment technologies. Load limiting and emergency conservation modes are added features when this meter is working in conjunction with a demand response program. The meter has the capacity for to be remotely configured, and is firmware upgradeable.
Designed to specifically for Smart Grid communications systems, the I-210+c has the same electrical and mechanical interface as Aclara’s I-210+ platform, making communications interchangeable and interoperable between these two residential metering platforms.
AMR/AMI Plug and Play Communications
Multiple communication options on the I-210+c allows greater communications options, including RF mesh, PLC, 3G/4G point-to-point communication technologies.
Additional features and options include:
- Customize advanced metering options through Soft Switches
- AMR/AMI Plug-n-Play designed to accommodate:
- – Radio Frequency Mesh (RF Mesh)
- – Radio Frequency Point-to-Multipoint
- – Cellular communications
- – Ethernet
- Advanced functionality such as: time-of-use, insensitive demand, load profile recording, event logging, voltage sag/swell recording
- Typical accuracy: within +/- 0.2 percent
- Service Switch to improve operational efficiency and address issues such as:
- Demand side management
- Remote prepayment systems
- Controlled outage restoration
- Low starting watts; capture energy consumption at levels typically not registered by electromechanical meters
- Low burden, which minimizes utility system losses
- Patented tamper algorithm to detect tamper-by-meter Inversion
- Meets or exceeds ANSI C12.1, C12.10, C12.20, C37.90.1